Sunday, December 9, 2007

Matchbox Art



Other side with Remains. So the question is~~~What Remains? And the answer is HOPE!


Yes paste glued What after using alcohol ink and black Stazon ink.

Used metal stamps on a strip of copper, for Hope, accented with black Stazon. Added Sepia colored Glossy Accents to Hope and heart. I wanted the heart and Hope to look kind of embedded in the drawer.

For the inside I layed down a piece of vellum with glittery accents. I stitched a brokn heart on one of my satin hearts left over from a fatbook project. (See earlier post for details. Satin hearts from SkyBluePink). Copper inked the edges of the heart. Stippled inks in copper and crimson to matchbox drawer. Painted over with one of my favs, Golden Interference Oxide Violet. Here comes the oops--I realized I forgot to glue down the vellum paper before filling the drawer with Ranger's Glossy Accents. The paper buckled a bit, so I added more to try and even it out. Time will tell!!

More alcohol ink and Stazon of the front of the matchbox.

Added alcohol inks and black Stazon. This is the back of the matchbox.

Glued copper to matchbox using Yes paste glue. My first use of this glue. So far so good. It's holding the seams nicely.
Next step is using the scoring tool enclosed in tool kit from making memories. I scored the backside of the copper because I wanted the impression to be pushed forward on the front. Score on top of a mat in order to insure a good impression with no holes!

My first step was stamping black Stazon Ink on the backside of the copper sheet. The stamp is a Judikins product I purchased on ebay.

I purchased new stamps online from Invoke Arts. The copper foil is from Dick Blick. I can't remember where I got the matchboxes. My arttechniques yahoo group has matchbox art for their December technique. I've never posted any of my work on the site yet, and I've been itching to cover a matchbox with the copper, so the time is right!




3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love how you did this! Marva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your copper matchbox is just wonderful along with your presentation - very well done Susan!!! I'm going back for another look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, what a gorgeous matchbox. I love the copper and the sentiment is truly great. I Got some altoid tins done finally and got the match boxes out this morning, have to find somewhere for the matches yet. Have to get off the computer and actually do something, I guess, lol. Thanks for sharing. Hugz, Scary

    ReplyDelete